Gibson Brands Forums

Help - what model Epiphone SG is this?

rapraf

Its a G-400 which come in a Special a Standard and Custom. Yours looks to be a G-400 60's SG Standard Deluxe with a Bigsby style Trem.

I have a 07 G-400 60's SG Standard modified with Mean 90s and a Duesenberg Trem.

p5nMo6m.jpg

Juniors have a single pickup, a Special Usually designates 2 pickups and dot inlays, Standards have trapezoidal inlays, Customs also have binding on the headstock.

Edited by mihcmac

Thank you!  Really appreciate the explanation.  Came into possession of this baby through an auction.  Cost me $210 and sounds great.  Just didn’t know if I had done well with the price I paid.  It is practically flawless.  

Beautiful guitar. It's a 1997 made in Unsung Korea G400 with optional Vibrato. I've never heard of anything called 'G-400 60's SG Standard Deluxe'. The Deluxe models were called that because they typically had a flame maple veneer and/or gold hardware. 

Edited by Supersonic

On 6/5/2021 at 12:02 PM, Supersonic said:

Beautiful guitar. It's a 1997 made in Unsung Korea G400 with optional Vibrato. I've never heard of anything called 'G-400 60's SG Standard Deluxe'. The Deluxe models were called that because they typically had a flame maple veneer and/or gold hardware. 

Thats true, the nut pate only said Gibson on it where Standard would be marked, most 90's and early 2000 Epiphones are not marked as to what model they were. I should have said styled after a 60's SG Standard Deluxe or Pro.

This is the new SG Standard 60's model.

front-banner-1600_900.png

Below is the new regular SG Standard that has the larger pickguard.

16x9.png

Edited by mihcmac

• 2 months later...