Gibson Brands Forums

RotoSound Jumbo Kings

Buc McMaster

Never heard of 'em before Jinder mentioned them in a thread somewhere back there. Always on the hunt, I ordered a couple sets of 12s from Elderly last week. Strung up the 200 last night with this string from the UK and I think I like them. They have a bit of an "edgy" feel under the fingers, similar to the feel of the D'Addario Flattops I tried some months ago. They do not say the Jumbo Kings are ground but they have that feel to them. The tone is nice on the jumbo......smooth in the mids, not "honky" sounding, and the low end is solid. Nice "jangle" as well.......well balanced to my ear.

Thanks for the heads up, Jinder..........nice wires!!

No worries! I'm glad you like them. I was thinking, in retrospect, that they might accentuate the low end a bit heavily on the WC'200, but I'm glad they are finding favour.

You described exactly how they sound on my '200. I find, on my guitar, that they tend to lack the frequency that accentuates that irritating beating harmonic between the open G and B that occasionally occurs when playing a first-position G chord with an open B string...which is definitely a good thing for me.

Archived