Gibson Brands Forums

Need Help Confirming This Guitar

BobGibson

Hi,

I am new to this board & have a guitar that I think I have figured out, but would like some confirmation from the smart people on here. This was my grandpa's guitar. I believe it is a 1969 Gibson ES-330-TDC. The serial number is 532463 & can only be found on the head & I don't see it anywhere inside the guitar. This looks to be in pretty good shape, but the tuners have been changed & you can see the marks left when the originals were removed. The color on the front is faded as well. I am not going to sell this because it means a lot to me, but do you any idea on the value for one like this? Here are some pictures & thanks for the help.

IMG_6098.jpg.ac5a9d0f17b2cd82b611d27625331a90.jpgIMG_6105.jpg.a85734182cab1e6d515109b2993048a4.jpgIMG_6103.jpg.6b61bf0f673aeb4fbec4c95bb02bc4f2.jpg

It does look like a 1969. The 2022 Vintage Guitar Price Guide lists it from $3,700 to $4,800 as a rough guide for value. I would also watch eBay & Reverb to see what they actually sell for. The tuners were changed with a period correct set of Schaller tuners. They are a much better tuner but might lower the value a bit………

Edited by Grog