Gibson Brands Forums

1940's Recording King Pickguard

Hi everyone. I have a 1940's era Recording King M-2 in desperate need of a new pick guard. This guitar spent many years in a carport storage closet before I inherited it and it's in remarkable condition considering its age and storage, except for the pick guard. I even have the original case! To me it seems to be very close to a Gibson L7guard, but I've been emailing back and forth with  pickguardplanet.com and their replacement seems to be slightly larger than this one is. Does anyone know of a place I can find a replacement? Bonus if it happens to be tortoise shell like this one, but I'd settle for vintage black with the cream outline. I believe this one is celluloid with white-ish binding. It's ok if it's not identical, but I'd like something that'll fit without needing to be modified. I plan on hitting the metal and the pick guard hardware with some 0000 steel wool to shine it up. It plays nicely, but spends most of it's time hanging on the wall next to my 1955 Martin O-18. Thanks!

IMG_6609.JPG

IMG_6607.JPG

IMG_6608.JPG