Gibson Brands Forums

Harsh crackling sound when digging in on UST pickup

EuroAussie

HI folks,

Long time no hear !

Warning up front - non Gibson content, but Im reaching out to old and new friend on the forum to share some advice about UST pickup problem

I have a 25 year old Cort Earth 100 which has been an absolutely road warrior and I use it to host Open Mics and when I neeed a trusty beater for gig purposes.

It has a Fishman barn-door UST pickup system which for 25 years has been utterly faultless. However in last two weeks Ive noticed that when i start playing a little harder there is strong, harsh cracking or crackling sound coming out of the amp.  (it makes the guitar unplayable)

It doesnt look like its got to do with the jack, as the sound really comes on when I dig in and play harder rather than moving around or movign the lead aroudn the jack.

Im quite lost as to what to do to address it, other than taking it to a techncians.

I took the barndoor box out, tried to cliean it, blow some air into it incae it was dusty but to no avail.

Is there anything you would recommend to try also ?

thanks a lot,
Euro