Gibson Brands Forums

Art work created for Charlie Watts Tribute at Blue Note NYC

Les Moore

This was great fun for me to create and done so with the utmost respect. I work for Blue Note NYC in a senior digital design capacity and got to design and produce a series of digital and print admats for a Charlie Watts tribute show here in NYC. Should be an interesting show, never know who may show up.

I gave them to Tim Ries (he's the Stones' touring sax player) and he loved them, which made me really happy as I knew I was on the right page for this design, just felt right, and he confirmed that. That's also Darryl Jones who is Wyman's replacement on bass, and Fowler who does vocal duties. They're all members of the Stones' touring band and were all good friends with Watts. Tim and Charlie were especially good friends as Watts also played the sax and was a big Charlie Parker fan. There's actually more of these but due to size limits on this forum I can only put up this.  This is poster size but made smaller for here.

Charlie-Watts-Tribute-17x11-2.jpg

• Like 2