Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson LP Studio year?

guidru73

Hello!
I am writing to you from Slovenia (EU).
By pure chance, I got a Gibson Studio guitar in an attic. The guitar is very dirty and neglected, so it will need a general cleaning and a complete setup. In addition to the guitar, there was also her document-checklist. It looks like it was purchased in the USA on January 1, 1994. I wanted to check the serial number and different decoders give me different year of manufacture from 1991, 1992 and 1994. Even from the serial number itself I have a hard time understanding the information as the serial numbers have changed over the years , but it also depends on how many digits the serial number has.
I am attaching all the pictures.

I would like some information if you can help me:
1. what year was the guitar made?
2. is it some kind of limited series, since the dot above the letter "i" is moved down, like in older Gibson guitars?
3. is the case original because it does not have the Gibson inscription, but it has a sticker that is the same as the inscription on the document, and it is also made in Canada?
4. If the guitar has any special features?
Thanks for the information.

Tomaz

IMG_9161.jpg

IMG_9162.jpg

IMG_9163.jpg

IMG_9164.jpg

IMG_9165.jpg

IMG_9166.jpg

IMG_9167.jpg

IMG_9168.jpg

IMG_9169.jpg

IMG_9170.jpg

IMG_9171.jpg

IMG_9172.jpg

IMG_9173.jpg

IMG_9174.jpg

IMG_9175.jpg

IMG_9176.jpg

IMG_9178.jpg

IMG_9179.jpg

My question isn’t about the guitar which by the way is a very nice piece, no my question is how is everyone able to post so many pictures and I can’t post ONE without it saying it exceeds the amount of space which is 400 something! I’ve got pictures of a Gibson L50 guitar I’m looking for answers about. Anyone reading this your help would be appreciated and helpful!! Thanks in advance for your help!

40 minutes ago, Dfighter said:

My question isn’t about the guitar which by the way is a very nice piece, no my question is how is everyone able to post so many pictures and I can’t post ONE without it saying it exceeds the amount of space which is 400 something! I’ve got pictures of a Gibson L50 guitar I’m looking for answers about. Anyone reading this your help would be appreciated and helpful!! Thanks in advance for your help!

Use Imgur. I do its easy. See here is a nice guitar I used to own. It looks black, but its dark brown. Best SG I owned.

iO8An6v.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Pepper