Gibson Brands Forums

1960 Hummingbird fixed Bridge

JimmyD 336

I don't think koa was/is the norm. Be glad you have the originally intended hog.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Hope the guitar serves you well.

Silly Mr E min7 & his English-as-a-2nd-language bit. OP JimmyD was wondering if the 1960 HB guitars were all supplied with Certificate(s)of Authenticity, which unfortunately, is once again an opportunity for Gibson to live up to its “some do, some don’t “ policy. 

OP/ Danny- I guess you could email Gib Customer Service.. who knows, if you’re the original owner, they might be able to help you out. But don’t get your hopes up.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, E-minor7 said:

Haha he ha, ,  just hilarious. . 

Customer Service said "NO" because he went off the website. But he's wrong. I know 3 other players who own the the Historic 1960 Hummingbird, same year all have COA's. I've owned a 2020 Historic J-45 and a 2020 SJ Both have COA's so it really doesn't make sense my Hummingbird Doesn't have one. 

27 minutes ago, JimmyD 336 said:

Customer Service said "NO" because he went off the website. But he's wrong. I know 3 other players who own the the Historic 1960 Hummingbird, same year all have COA's. I've owned a 2020 Historic J-45 and a 2020 SJ Both have COA's so it really doesn't make sense my Hummingbird Doesn't have one. 

JimmieD - I was laughing  about my own mistake. Check 62burst's brave attempt to help me out. 

Being from  Europe the COA term was misunderstood. 

Best weekend to you - and good luck with everything.

On 5/5/2023 at 12:12 PM, JimmyD 336 said:

LMFAO. I know that imbecile. He told me the same when I mentioned I didn’t receive my “Kenpo Karate” decal with my EP Dove. He went on the website and said it’s not listed. Funny how Gibson hires imbeciles that doesn’t even know the product. I know more about Gibsons that this call desk fool. If that’s the case, why even handle the customer service hotline!

Edited by Hype

19 hours ago, Hype said:

LMFAO. I know that imbecile. He told me the same when I mentioned I didn’t receive my “Kenpo Karate” decal with my EP Dove. He went on the website and said it’s not listed. Funny how Gibson hires imbeciles that doesn’t even know the product. I know more about Gibsons that this call desk fool. If that’s the case, why even handle the customer service hotline!

Sadly, I gotta Agree...