Gibson Brands Forums

Songwriter Standard Rosewood

Sojourner

In the description for the Songwriter Standard Rosewood, it states that this guitar is the "Songwriter Deluxe Studio". I would want the Songwriter Deluxe Standard, not the Deluxe Studio. I assume it is the Studio since it has the moustache bridge, but why is the guitar called the Standard? I would not want the Studio because to me it sounds thinner.

It’s called Standard in the title. Then they call it a Studio in the description. Either it’s a typo or Gibson doesn’t know what they make. Hey marketing guys and add exec’s stop taking 3 martini and 4 joint lunches.

5 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

It’s called Standard in the title. Then they call it a Studio in the description. Either it’s a typo or Gibson doesn’t know what they make. Hey marketing guys and add exec’s stop taking 3 martini and 4 joint lunches.

Thanks.........     🙂

In another time Gibson offered different versions of the Songwriter : Studio,Standard, Deluxe and Custom I believe were the 4 models .

Now they just offer 1 and I am pretty sure that the reference to the “studio” model is a typing mistake .

It has nothing to do with the thinness of the more recent “studio” models  Gibson came out with a few years back.

The 4 models they offered a while back had the same body dimensions and the only thing that varied were the inlays or the bridge and the custom had Ebony fingerboard and bridge vs Rosewood for the other models .

JC

• Like 1