Gibson Brands Forums

Help identifying Epiphone ES-335 model

Jarmez

I have recently come across an auction locally for an Epiphone ES-335 model. There is no serial number embossed on headstock, no sticker I can see in f holes. Also, it has noticeable yellowing to binding and finish - I thought this was something that only happened on nitrocellulose finished guitars and I thought Epiphone didn’t do this? I am wanting to find out year/model and if this is worth buying - current auction price is $35USD

images here: https://imgur.com/a/TxepI2J

• 5 weeks later...

An unusual Epi 335 markedly the clipped ear headstock instead of the larger Epiphone style normally used on archtops. Because of this it could be an early Korean or even Japan build which frequently did not have SN's imprinted on them, or SN's on a stick-on label that could fall off. Not a lot of documentation on models like this, but could be worth considerably more than the auction price. Could even be a Czech build. Inspecting the markings on the electronics could tell more.

60qUtEb.jpeg

t6S4GJY.jpeg

Edited by mihcmac