Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson es-125

Theo1968

• 1 month later...

Hi Theo. Did you ever buy the ES125? I have one, also from 1959, in very good condition. It's not for sale, but I do follow the prices that are listed.  I am in Canada and I would say that 2850 Euros is a bit high, but then I have lived in Europe and I know that everything is more expensive there.

2850 Euros would amount to around $4160 Canadian dollars. I have seen them being offered for sale here in Canada for around $3500 Cdn dollars.

But then so much depends, really, on the condition and I don't entirely trust a lot of the ads which state that a guitar is in "great shape" or "excellent" condition.

This is my first posting on this forum so please pardon me if this discussion is closed. If you did manage to get the ES125 you were looking at, I hope it works out well for you.

Cam

17 hours ago, DrCam said:

Hi Theo. Did you ever buy the ES125? I have one, also from 1959, in very good condition. It's not for sale, but I do follow the prices that are listed.  I am in Canada and I would say that 2850 Euros is a bit high, but then I have lived in Europe and I know that everything is more expensive there.

2850 Euros would amount to around $4160 Canadian dollars. I have seen them being offered for sale here in Canada for around $3500 Cdn dollars.

But then so much depends, really, on the condition and I don't entirely trust a lot of the ads which state that a guitar is in "great shape" or "excellent" condition.

This is my first posting on this forum so please pardon me if this discussion is closed. If you did manage to get the ES125 you were looking at, I hope it works out well for you.

Cam

It's a bummer when people ask for advice but never come back to give any details.