Gibson Brands Forums

Hello from Kentucky!

analogpedals

My name is Jeff Bolin.  I've been playing guitar for 40+ years, I play in an AC/DC tribute band and I own a little business called Analog Pedals.  I make OD's, Distortions, Fuzz and a few modulation pedals.  I've made signature pedals for Chris Roberton and Steve Jewell of Black Stone Cherry, Greg Martin of The Kentucky Headhunters.  I've made pedals for Rick Willis of Marshall Tucker Band, Buddy Guy, Billy Gibbons and Slash.  I own 4 Gibsons...  A 1987 '62 Reissue SG, a 2021 '61 Reissue SG, a 1990 Gibson Explorer and a 2015 Les Paul Standard.  I will buy another Les Paul in the very near future.  

I love my SG's and my favorite being the 1987 '62 reissue.  I don't know what they did back then, but man did they do it right.  Everything about that guitar is just perfect.  I don't know if the pickups in it are Tim Shaw's...  But they are some of the best pickups I've ever heard.   The person who owned it before me, sent the pickups off to Lindy Fralin in the 90's and had them wax potted.  

I love my Les Paul Standard too.  I know the 2015 models get a lot of hate...  But honestly, it's an amazing guitar.  The person who owned it before me took the electronic tuners off and replaced them with Klusons.  I replaced those with locking keyston Klusons.   I wasn't sure I'd like the chambered body... I can tell you this, my back loves the chambered body.  I had a Les Paul Classic prior and even being weight relieved, was still 10 pounds.  It was a beast of a guitar.  But, it was just too heavy.  Maybe if I was in my 20's I wouldn't mind so much.  But, I'm 51 and my back very much minds.  My 2015 weighs in at 8.5 pounds.  I've played Ibanez guitars for may years, so this neck was perfect for me.  I love all the tonal options with the push/pull pots.  

Anywho, thank you all for accepting me into the Gibson forum.  I look forward to reading through some of the different topics.   I'm no expert on Gibsons, but I do love them.  They are all works of art!

IMG_4521.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Welcome. Nice collection you have there.

Thank you!  Hoping to add another Les Paul Standard to the mix sometime this year.  I'd like to get a Greeny, or a 50's Standard Faded in Honeyburst.  Just gotta find one at the right price and weight.