Gibson Brands Forums

Strange marks suddenly appearing on my '68 Dove pickguard.

bexpet

3 hours ago, 62burst said:

Someone should tell these fellas that they are not being very sexy. Probably has plastic pickguard protector on his black p/g. Prob also knows a Joni Mitchell song:

😆 Just heard the tune by writer Malvina Reynolds and also the P. Seeger version for the first times in 40 years. And actually liked it a little -  interesting too, , , as it points fingers at all the sources that keep a healthy society running. In that way it both very well behaved and a tool for dangerously undermining counter-culture. 

Will zoom in on If I had a Hammer during the weekend. . 

• Like 1

Nowadays  protesters don't decry tract housing - they call it "Affordable Housing" and insist it be built right next to the housing developments built to escape it.    If I recall the lyrics - Malvina Reynolds also complained that the people living in the houses were also 'made of ticky-tacky.   Not very 'Inclusive' by today's standards.    As The Bard wrote:  "Me thinks thou doth PROTEST too much."    I never was a fan of the genre.  More the folky folk songs -  like  Tom Dooley.  Dula to the purists. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for your advice and thoughts. I have taken the Dove to a reputable local luthier here in Chicago and am having the pickguard removed. I'll save the inlays and the screws for another day. I'm also having the bridge plate replaced. Other than that, they tell me the guitar looks good for its age. Thanks again.

• Like 1