Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson ES-295 Custom Wine Red 1996

Lex_Gutor

Hi everybody! 

I recently bought an amazing Gibson ES-295 from 1996, in wine red finish, and I almost coudnt find any information about it.  Even less how many was produced.

I wrote Gibson but they also barely has any information, and I only found online other 2 like mine. All from the same year 1996.

Nothing else, neither a single youtube video. 

I know that in the late 90s they produced this "Custom Shop Nashville" ES-295, but seems there is no information at all about how many was produced, especially about these 1996's Wine Red version. 

If somebody from all the experts around has any information and can share it, it will definitely make my day... Im so curious about this things 🙂

Thanks in advance!!! 

Thats all I got from Gibson's reply, and the page from the Historic Series Catalog (1994) where the ES-295 is listed. 52965.jpg

I have the feeling that the wine red finish was custom order, or they just did very limited run... Looking forward to know some more info, if somebody have something about it 🙂

Screenshot_20240109_232112_com.google.android.gm_edit_18164142693061.jpg

Screenshot_20240109_194500_com.android.chrome_edit_8252961656032.jpg

• Like 1

I can't tell you anything about that guitar. However, I will say that yours is one of the most beautiful Gibsons I've seen in a long time. Nice! I don't know if that price on the factory document is in US Dollars (I see it was from a dealer in South Africa) but if it is, that was a steal!

Edited by 10PoundLester

Thanks!! I agree... It was totally a Xmas miracle to find one cause i had to sell mine (gold) lot of years ago and since then i was always dreaming to have one 295 back. 

I dont know about the price there, that was what Gibson sent me that it was sold to that French shop in 1997, but i dont know if it could be maybe a custom order. 

1 hour ago, 10PoundLester said:

I don't know why I assumed South Africa . . .

You’re right.  S.A. is the abbreviation for South Africa so I read it that way too.  Could also be Saudi Arabia.  And the name doesn’t need to be in France.  Gafferall could be  Dutch. That is a gorgeous guitar.

• 1 month later...

Hello!

I live in Japan.
I'm not good at English, so I'll post using automatic translation.

I bought this burgundy colored ES-295 second hand in 2022.
I've been looking for es-295 for a long time, but this is the first time I've found an example of this age and color for sale.

This guitar seems to have been made in 1996 by order from Yamano Gakki, which was Gibson's distributor in Japan at the time.

This is written on the black tag in Japanese.
"This product with the premium tag is produced under particularly high quality control for Japanese users."

I don't know any more details either.

I'm happy to have acquired such a beautiful guitar!

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

以前所有していたギターを探しています。 2018年に東京にありました。デジマートを使っています。もっと良い検索サイトはありますか?

I am looking for a guitar I once owned. It was in Tokyo in 2018. I use digimart. Is there a better search site?

https://www.digimart.net/

This is the guitar:

https://antique-guitarshop.wixsite.com/2016/product-page/gretsch-px6119-chet-atkins-tennessean-61-62年製-full-original

21 minutes ago, ksdaddy said:

以前所有していたギターを探しています。 2018年に東京にありました。デジマートを使っています。もっと良い検索サイトはありますか?

I am looking for a guitar I once owned. It was in Tokyo in 2018. I use digimart. Is there a better search site?

https://www.digimart.net/

This is the guitar:

https://antique-guitarshop.wixsite.com/2016/product-page/gretsch-px6119-chet-atkins-tennessean-61-62年製-full-original

I think Digimart is the most popular instrument search site in Japan. Another popular instrument search site is j-guitar.

https://www.j-guitar.com/

• 2 weeks later...

What a burgundy-beaut. Are those P-90s ?

On 2/16/2024 at 12:49 AM, roma-a said:

Hello!

I live in Japan.
I'm not good at English, so I'll post using automatic translation.

I bought this burgundy colored ES-295 second hand in 2022.
I've been looking for es-295 for a long time, but this is the first time I've found an example of this age and color for sale.

Great post. Happy you're happy about the remarkable Gibson.