Gibson Brands Forums

Obscure Es295 question - bridge pickup riser height measurement?

middlejanuary

As title states - I have searched all over the internet without being able to find the answer - does anybody know (or owns one and could even give me an approximate measurement?) the height of the bridge pickup riser on a ES295 model that raises the bridge pickup way up to balance better with the neck?

4 hours ago, middlejanuary said:

As title states - I have searched all over the internet without being able to find the answer - does anybody know (or owns one and could even give me an approximate measurement?) the height of the bridge pickup riser on a ES295 model that raises the bridge pickup way up to balance better with the neck?

I don't have a 295 here but in looking at pictures of one with P-90's on Reverb it looks about 1/4 inch or so.

Yes I have found the pictures of the stand-alone part and I was guessing in the ballpark of 1/4" - also I suppose could do a little bit of calculating of string height at the bridge vs pickup height and the difference needed to raise the pickup to an optimal distance from the strings. Hopefully someone may be able to just measure for me. Thanks for the replies so far!