Gibson Brands Forums

I’m Back

After a brief hiatus from this forum I’m back. Due to some medical issues with my wife’s health I had to sell my three Gibsons. They were a Songwriter, SJ200 and  a J 35. I’m now determined to get them back. I’ll start with the less expensive J35, then to the Songwriter. I doubt I’ll ever be able to obtain an SJ200

Hope to re-educate myself and relearn from this forum.

Dennis

Hi Dennis, nice to meet you.  Just mentioning, I recently bought and returned a Songbird Deluxe, the early name for the SW, to the GC near me here in Minnesota.  It’s priced a bit less than a new J 35, and being 20 years old, has a nice open tone. Depending on old yours was, it may sound similar?  I liked it in the store, but when I got it home I found it just didn’t bring anything new to my group, and went a different direction.  It does have a faint pick stain low on the bout, but I was going to call it “patina.” Anyway, it was still there yesterday when we were looking around.  

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Gibson/SONGBIRD-DLX-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar.gc

It looks like there is another in Washington, that just price dropped to match, perhaps without the stain.   

Edited by PrairieDog