Gibson Brands Forums

Talk me down off the roof?

1 hour ago, PrairieDog said:

Ouch! From GC, or a private deal?  

Can’t remember who he got it from, maybe private cause I think it came from Canada. He got his $ backs as far as I can remember. 

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Can’t remember who he got it from, maybe private cause I think it came from Canada. He got his $ backs as far as I can remember. 

Okay, well at least that’s good to hear… but whoa, bummer.  That was much worse, but I can imagine a bit from when I had a Taylor Mini shipped from Dave’s for my wife as a little surprise to cheer her up in a rough patch, and it came badly cracked.  All that giddy anticipation of a new toy deflated  in a busted balloon sputtering to the floor.  Hurts man.   

Edited by PrairieDog

29 minutes ago, PrairieDog said:

Okay, well at least that’s good to hear… but whoa, bummer.  That was much worse, but I can imagine a bit from when I had a Taylor Mini shipped from Dave’s for my wife as a little surprise to cheer her up in a rough patch, and it came badly cracked.  All that giddy anticipation of a new toy deflated  in a busted balloon sputtering to the floor.  Hurts man.   

Imagine paying for a LP and getting an empty box? They even taped it up. It must have been an inside job.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, PrairieDog said:

Years back, I bought a used Guild DV-52HG from a guy selling guitars on ebay. Beautiful guitar, but it came with a crack in the rosewood back. I got in touch with the seller about a return. There was no problem, but he said he just got a D-55 that he hadn't listed yet. So, if I wanted the D-55, just send $100 more with the return and it was mine. I jumped on that offer and that D-55 was great and still  in my possession.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, gearbasher said:

Years back, I bought a used Guild DV-52HG from a guy selling guitars on ebay. Beautiful guitar, but it came with a crack in the rosewood back. I got in touch with the seller about a return. There was no problem, but he said he just got a D-55 that he hadn't listed yet. So, if I wanted the D-55, just send $100 more with the return and it was mine. I jumped on that offer and that D-55 was great and still  in my possession.

Great ending!!!

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Imagine paying for a LP and getting an empty box? They even taped it up. It must have been an inside job.

Or it got bogarted along the way.  Not hard to open a box, empty it then tape it back up.  the thing is, I wonder what the weight said on the shipping label? That would be proof it was an inside job,  They would have had to create the label for the empty box.  Otherwise the carrier would notice the discrepancy when they scanned it into the system. It’s one way they protect against driver theft.  Otherwise, I would suspect porch pirates. 

Edited by PrairieDog

4 minutes ago, PrairieDog said:

Or it got bogarted along the way.  Not hard to open a box, empty it then tape it back up.  the thing is, I wonder what the weight said on the shipping label? That would be proof it was an inside job,  They would have had to create the label for the empty box.  Otherwise the carrier would notice the discrepancy when they scanned it into the system. It’s one way they protect against driver theft and to make sure shippers are cheating on the cost.  Then the shipments get weighed with each transfer.  

Steve may come by and tell his story .