Gibson Brands Forums

Looking for a similar sound to my 2001 ES-335 but in a smaller body with tremolo

heron

Anyone have suggestions for a guitar that sounds similar to an ES-335 but has a tremolo and maybe a smaller body? I have a 335 and I love it, but want a tremolo too. Hopefully one that's as stable (tuning wise) as my strat's tremolo.

Thanks!

The Guitar would be an ES-339. Like this.

You can get a Bigsby B-7 & Vibramate for a traditional Bigsby without drilling an any holes. This is an example on a Les Paul. But, they Bigsby’s & Vibramates for ES335’s, 345’s, 355’s, 339’s & most other models.

You might try to find a clean used Gibson Memphis ES Les Paul. Add a Bigsby B-7 & Vibramate. They are Semi Hollow Body like a 335. Much lighter than the 339’s. 

I bought the Gibson Memphis Blacktop ES Les Paul new back in 2015. I had Sweetwater’s Mod shop add a Bigsby B-7 & Vibramate. It is a beauty & looks completely factory. Plus it’s completely reversible not leaving any holes. With Bigsby it’s 7 lbs. Super light. Super Guitar.

Here’s a review.

On 6/25/2024 at 1:25 AM, heron said:

Anyone have suggestions for a guitar that sounds similar to an ES-335 but has a tremolo and maybe a smaller body? I have a 335 and I love it, but want a tremolo too. Hopefully one that's as stable (tuning wise) as my strat's tremolo.

Thanks!

Why does it need to be smaller?