Gibson Brands Forums

Could someone please help me figure out how this guitar got here?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14h97qF61y-7OIC2Q_gKvvNPgrUOSg4qA/view?usp=drive_link

Hello, 

New to the Forum, I have a Gibson L-1 that I need help figuring out. If you go completely off of the serial number this guitar was built in Nashville. But it is signed by Ren Furgeson, which makes Montana more likely. My question is why did Gibson make a limited run of 100 L-1 guitars? To test the market to see if the Robert Johnson signature model would sell?  If it is signed by R. Ferguson how much of a role would he have had in building it? 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xOsTHNJejdgmii0m3EkJJjoKtUpmGzMt/view?usp=drive_link

Hello Clyde, I see that nobody has responded to you, which is unfortunate.  This forum has really slowed down in recent years.  I have no knowledge to offer regarding your questions, but you might try another section here, such as the Acoustic Forum.  Other than that, I would suggest maybe another forum such as 'The Gear Page', or 'The Ultimate Martin Guitar Forum'.

I cannot get to the pictures. My guess is you're reading the serial number wrong. If it's modern-day acoustic it was made in Bozeman. The acoustic serial number codes are different than the USA Electric division and do not designate where it was made.

image.png

Edited by Dave F