Gibson Brands Forums

Greetings from Norway

Chops

Hello from Norway

Winter is coming and that means more time to practice on my guitar learning.
I started learning guitar last winter and I was all set upon that my first guitar (cort earth 100 ssf acoustic) would be sufficient to use for my learning path.

Now as a grown up “kid” in my 50s I still feel the need and urge to have an electric guitar, so when I saw the “Greeny” and as an old Metallica fan, I just had to do it. Unfortunately, the WAF (wife Acceptance Factor) was not big enough to go for the $50k version, but I am quite sure I will do just fine with the Standard version… 😉

So that is me, 50 years from Norway, two grown up kids, a wife and a year into my guitar learning that I should have started many years ago. But never too late, the wait for the delivery of the new guitar could be shorter… 😊

2 hours ago, Chops said:

Hello from Norway

Winter is coming and that means more time to practice on my guitar learning.
I started learning guitar last winter and I was all set upon that my first guitar (cort earth 100 ssf acoustic) would be sufficient to use for my learning path.

Now as a grown up “kid” in my 50s I still feel the need and urge to have an electric guitar, so when I saw the “Greeny” and as an old Metallica fan, I just had to do it. Unfortunately, the WAF (wife Acceptance Factor) was not big enough to go for the $50k version, but I am quite sure I will do just fine with the Standard version… 😉

So that is me, 50 years from Norway, two grown up kids, a wife and a year into my guitar learning that I should have started many years ago. But never too late, the wait for the delivery of the new guitar could be shorter… 😊

Welcome. There is another member in that part of the world on this forum.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Greetings from Austin, TX.  I had ongoing contact with a guitar player from Arendal, Aust-Agder on the ESP Guitars website, whose wife had family in the San Antonio and Houston.  Very nice guy.  

Enjoy your stay.