Gibson Brands Forums

Dark Fire in Europe

simont

I know I have one - but that is not the reason for this post - which is "help, tronical, please !". I have committed the cardinal error of connecting at some speed with a concrete pillar in a dark rehearsal room, headstock first. First Mega congratulations to tronical and gibson for the fail safe feature built into the tuningheads - they span like crazy on impact and performed the tuninghead equivalent of tweety birds circling round the head of the cartoon character after severe bashing, but no twisted and bent metal (other than my mental anguish!). Once calmer I found that five of the tuners could be gently re-spun and re-positioned, and then worked (wow!) but the bass E (which by the way suffered no, or least damage as far as I could tell) is not yet cooperating. It lights yellow which gives me some hope but no mechanical noise or action. I notice that the manual seems to talk about low E in some kind of re-set set up - is there a reset protocol following such trauma? is it just the head has suffered impact damage? any ideas? by the way, thanks to welshman for the tip about the tight wire round the jack socket, and by the way, yes I love this guitar and use it all the time (maybe too much!)

cheers

Archived