Gibson Brands Forums

Dark Fire in Europe

simont

Got the following this morning....

Gibson Customer Service...

"I have received word from the US that the DF is shipping there again. In Europe this is not yet the case. It seems that soon a special repair station will be set up that enables us to work with the improved technology of the Dark Fire. This requires a completely anti-static workplace due to the high level electronics inside the guitar. It will take some time to make preparations at Gibson Europe and ship the Dark Fire again. We do not have more precise information at the moment."

See you in a few years =P~

Simon

It seems that soon a special repair station will be set up that enables us to work with the improved technology of the Dark Fire. This requires a completely anti-static workplace due to the high level electronics inside the guitar.

Yargh... I think you guys will need to get Elantric shipped over the pond! =P~/

Estimated 6 week shipping time + 2 weeks time for receiving the DF from the dealer and checking her + 1 week shipping her to Gibson Europe for RMA seems to be not enough, to buy some antistatic shields for table and floor.

Hmmm, maybe we get a DF for halloween. ;-)

I've bought one from the States 2 days ago, on its way now by USP Express, should have it for the weekend. My original was ordered from Thomann here in Germany on 1 Dec 08, I spoke to them this week and they are quoting late July/ early August which is why I have taken the plunge on ebay. Even with shipping and taxes its about 600 euro cheaper!! Will keep you posted.

Hi dexyboy,

I'm wondering how it works out with the VAT charge for importing the Guitar in to Europe.

I did some calculations and it looks like it would be 600Euro more expensive than when I would wait till they are available in Europe :(.

I think you guys will need to get Elantric shipped over the pond! :-/

I'm available - and due for a change of pace !

Lately i feel like i live in a banana republic in these tough economic times here in the USA.

Perhaps its a global situation for all of us this year.

Dark Fires are arriving in Switzerland where most dealers who had some on order have received them this week.

I saw the one i had ordered yesterday and am glad i cancelled the order. had a quick play with it .. not my kinda guitar, not a fan of the matte neck ... feels like a BFG indeed, but the playability is much better. picked up my PRS today and am glad i switched =P~

seemed to be pretty well finished, no sharp frets or other quality control issues, MCK seems to operate smoothly. serial is 1430 or sth in these regions.

If someone desperatley wants one, there is one available at LeadMusic in Geneva: http://www.leadmusic.com/ ask for Olivier

here is a pic of it:

IMAG0026.jpg

My dealer phoned me today quoting 3-4 weeks. Said that the guitars are physically on a ship at the moment and will be them 3-4 weeks at the latest.

Dealer said that he knows someone who has played the new batch and reckons that the DF is finally every bit as good as it should have been in the first place.

For those on the fence and not sure when to pull the trigger.

I obtained clarity today on the total production numbers

I can confirm the following effective June 11, 2009:

* There will be 2000 TOTAL Dark Fires produced - NOT 2000 for North America, and 2000 for rest of the globe ( 4000 total)

* The guitar will meet or exceed your expectations.

• 3 months later...

Archived