Gibson Brands Forums

Gift Help Again! Fathers Day

pumpkin

hi yall!

i need a little help for my Fathers Day Gift to my husband please.

#1. he wants a strap for his LP, but i have NO CLUE what he wants & dont want to ask as it would ruin the surprise. should i just give him a gift card to somewhere that sells them? if so, what store do you suggest?

#2. i would like to get him a couple of truss rod covers. i read here that you can have them made & am thinking one with his name would be cool & one that says "standard" too. where do i get them? any other cool ideas for what they could have engraved on them?

#3. besides these 2 things, do you have any other suggestions for great gifts?

You have some good ideas, pumpkin. When my Dad passed I brought his roll-top desk home and put it in my office. In the top drawer were the Father's Day and Birthday cards I had given him for the last 10 or 12 years. I barely remember any of the gifts I gave him but he kept every card near at hand. I haven't the heart to remove them from the drawer.

Be sure you give Dad a nice card...from the heart. I know you will.

You have some good ideas' date=' pumpkin. When my Dad passed I brought his roll-top desk home and put it in my office. In the top drawer were the Father's Day and Birthday cards I had given him for the last 10 or 12 years. I barely remember any of the gifts I gave him but he kept every card near at hand. I haven't the heart to remove them from the drawer.

Be sure you give Dad a nice card...from the heart. I know you will.[/quote']

ahhhh, youre makin me tear up.... so sorry for your loss.

i think my Daddy walks on water. he is the most wonderful man in the world. he is a great husband, daddy & grandfather. he is VERY hard to buy for, so i always try to do/buy things that are unusual/creative. last year i bought him a brick. lol!

he was in Vietnam, and they are building a vetrans memorial here in my county. you can purchase bricks that will be engraved with whatever you want on them & will be part of the memorial. i actually got a red brick & wrapped it for him to open & the certificate was underneath for him to fill out with what he wanted on it.

so this year, im going to get him another one but this one will be for HIS daddys info (WWII veteran).

i post on another message board & for my signature there, i put this up every year for the months of october/november. i change it every year to include the official poster for Veterans day :

collage307.jpg

thank you so much for the links jayla! i appreciate it!

I bought a strap from http://www.eyelandenterprises.com/index.html ' date=' it's the best strap I've ever owned. You can customize the straps when you order them, they have some nice deigns and they are very well made.[/quote']

thank you SOOOO much! i wonder if they have gift cards? its such a personal item, i think he should be able to pick out exactly what he wants.

Archived