Gibson Brands Forums

Case for Thunderbird Studio Bass

SpongeBob

I would like to preserve my Gibson case from the dings & gouges that occur when gigging.

Do you know if anyone makes a gig bag, soft case, or other type of case that will fit the Thunderbird Studio bass?

I tried the Epiphone case, but the bass did not fit.

I am sure the Epiphone will work, but you have to make sure that you order the right one. I had ordered one from Guitar Center and the salesman assured me it was the right one but it wasn't so I had the salesman call Gibson and we made sure that I got what I needed and the second time around the case fit fine.

I have the Thunderbird Studio model and, unfortunately, the Epiphone case that I got from American Musical did not work so I had to return it. Maybe the Studio model has a slight difference in the body from the TB IV?

Later that day ...

After a few calls, I learned that both Calzone and Cabbage make flite cases for the Thunderbird bass, but they are quite expensive.

But there's hope ...

Jesse, the go-to guy at Gibson Customer Service, kindly sent me the part number for the OEM Gibson case ( 940-08153Z ) and Sweetwater can get it for around $100.

Life Is Good

Call Calzone Case Co. Not only do they know the specs, they build the best cases in the business. My Gibson L-5, L-7, Es 345, and LP has been protected for years and thousands of miles by the Calzone Case Company.

Archived