Gibson Brands Forums

P90s in an LP Classic?

enjoikevin

I was hoping someone could help me out. I have an 07 Classic with stock pickups and was wondering if its possible to change them to P90's? Will the fit inside the rings that my other pickups are in? Any info on this would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I'm presuming your guitar is fitted with standard size humbuckers.

Have a look at Seymour Duncan Phat Cats or Bare Knuckles Mississippi Queens. They are both P-90 pickups inside a humbucker shell and will fit directly into your guitar. I've heard very good reports of both.

I was hoping someone could help me out. I have an 07 Classic with stock pickups and was wondering if its possible to change them to P90's? Will the fit inside the rings that my other pickups are in? Any info on this would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Please please please please... try Gibson's P94's. They are the genuine P90s but built into a humbucking size enclosure so that you need not destroy your stock Gibson body.

I don't work for Gibson or anybody! I bought 4 of these. 2 to stuff into my altered Telecaster and 2 into an SG.

They are AWESOME. I've been playing loud & hard since 1968 ... these things kill!!! (especially overdriven)

They'll just drop into your existing pup holes. I recommend you get some measured 250k CTS pots and use your existing caps. Do not cut the wires any shorter, plug in, crank it and grin!

Archived