Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson C-0 classical Question

Sp881107

Hi, I have a Gibson C-0 classical. It has a different applique design around the sound hole than ones I have seen online. Also the only ones I've tracked down have 7 digit model numbers. This one has a model number 58732. Made in Kalamazoo. I am interested in finding out it's value. Any clues?

Welcome to the forum Sp881107. Wow. That's three new guys I've welcomed in the last three posts.

Not sure I can answer your question other than to say that I don't know why, but it seems that th C-0 classical guitars are found to be very inexpensive. Again I don't know why exactly.

Most used ones that I have seen have been in the 200-400 dollar range. Age doesn't seem to matter.

Thanks for your welcome. This is my first forum! How did you post the images? It didn't seem to work for me.

Yes, I did see the prices were low. and read some reviews too. The prices seem higher in Canada strangely.

I'll keep asking around for a bit.

I can't log on to your site as they block it at my office. Sorry.

I don't think the low price is any reflection on it's merit or quality, it's just that they churned them out in such numbers! The same could once be said about the LG-O but the prices on them have gone crazy lately. A C-O has the liability of being a classical so the market is much narrower anyway. I have a 1958 C-6 that was a Gibson R&D guinea pig.

Archived