Gibson Brands Forums

Annoying rattling noise

Slogold

Is it the ABR-1 bridge with the wire that runs across it? If so' date=' contact this guy (he was recommended to me by Gibson support):

http://www.classicax.com/

He set me up with a replacement bridge that required no modifications to my SG Jr. other than swapping in a replacement bridge that was modified to fit over the smaller, vintage style posts.[/quote']

Xzactly..that's the one.

It's really irritates me.

What that dude at Classic AXE did was take a regular Nashville bridge (the one without the wire) and stick some brass reducers into the post holes to make it fit on the posts that are already in the guitar. That way, you don't have to remove the original posts to replace them with the larger ones that go with the Nashville bridge and possibly devalue your guitar. It worked out great with my SG Jr as all I had to do was have string guides cut into the saddles of the new bridge, take the old bridge off, put on the new bridge then set the intonation. There is nothing harmful or irreversible about the modification.

You might get some advice about bending the wire on the original bridge, but I tried that and it did nothing to stop the rattling.

Archived