Gibson Brands Forums

2009 SG Standard - Split Coil - Classic White ???

sevenone

Over the weekend I put $$ down at GC on a 2009 SG Standard with split coil electronics in Classic White. I can't find any info on this anywhere, except custom and reissue VOS, or a price to compare it to. And they didn't have anymore in the system. The Gibson tag read that it was made Sept 23, 2009. And the store said they only had it since Tuesday. The neck is MUCH thinner than the other standards they had, it didn't sound like the same pups either. On top of it, I think the pickguard was the smaller one, but I can't totally remember. It wasn't a reissue, at least it wasn't priced that way. The model # was weird, it was like SG1SG????????. And the serial number was a regular 0XXX9XXXX, number. They got $1500 for it, or will have in a couple weeks when I pay off the layaway.

Over the weekend I put $$ down at GC on a 2009 SG Standard with split coil electronics in Classic White. I can't find any info on this anywhere' date=' except custom and reissue VOS, or a price to compare it to. And they didn't have anymore in the system. The Gibson tag read that it was made Sept 23, 2009. And the store said they only had it since Tuesday. The neck is MUCH thinner than the other standards they had, it didn't sound like the same pups either. On top of it, I think the pickguard was the smaller one, but I can't totally remember. It wasn't a reissue, at least it wasn't priced that way. The model # was weird, it was like SG1SG????????. And the serial number was a regular 0XXX9XXXX, number. They got $1500 for it, or will have in a couple weeks when I pay off the layaway.[/quote']

I think its a new model, I put up a thread about it. There isn't much info about it except thats its 1. a coil tapped

2. its white

3. its an SG

It's not a reissue. That serial number is Gibson USA.

Gibson produces a lot of finishes that aren't on their website.

As for the pickups, you should email Gibson customer service and ask them what pickups are in the guitar.

Congrats, post some pictures when you get it.

Archived