Gibson Brands Forums

2000 Les Paul Studio Raw Power

guitarman8

I got this Black 2000 Les Paul Studio with gold parts, Grovers, Rosewood neck with dot inalys, brown case pink inside.

I dated it by the starting 0 and the fifth number of 0. Am I right on it being a Raw Power model? The dot inlays threw me off because from the 90's they all had trapazoid inlays.

Can anybody give me some details/specs on the model. Like the pots just say Gibson but look like CTS, the lead pickup puts out about 15ohms which is on the high side, finish is real glossy. Is that the right case for the guitar? Oh and how come it doesn't lose treble when you roll off the volume? My 1968 Fretless Wonder lost treble.

thanks

Hope the link works. Picture of the guitar is in the link, sorry for the ugly guy holding it he was part of the picture. :-k

http://www.videodementia.com/sales/tomlespaul.jpg

If it were a raw power it would have a Maple neck. I think the ones with dot inlay in 2000 were Ebony finger board but I could be wrong. My 86 has the dot and is and Ebony fingerboard. Looking at your pic I see it's to light to be Ebony. The pups should be a 490r in the neck and 498t in the bridge which is a hot pup. The body will be weight relieved and will have mahogany back with a maple top. Your best bet would be call gibson customer service and give them the serial #. It's new enough where they should have all the info. Good luck

CW

If it were a raw power it would have a Maple neck. I think the ones with dot inlay in 2000 were Ebony finger board but I could be wrong. My 86 has the dot and is and Ebony fingerboard. Looking at your pic I see it's to light to be Ebony. The pups should be a 490r in the neck and 498t in the bridge which is a hot pup. The body will be weight relieved and will have mahogany back with a maple top. Your best bet would be call gibson customer service and give them the serial #. It's new enough where they should have all the info. Good luck

CW

I thought because it has the dot inlays it would be a Raw Power being that the new Raw Power models have the dots. Did Gibson have both trapazoid and dots throughout the years?

I put in a mesg. to cust support maybe they can clear it up.

Any Ramones fans out there? You'll never guess who the person seated first is? Old friend of mine as a teenager. =D> enjoy

http://www.videodementia.com/sales/oldfriends.jpg

Archived