Gibson Brands Forums

matador records

EVOL!

Links would be nice.

I have never heard of these bands so much so that I do not know which is the title of the record and which is the name of the band.

Vinyl? I have been GASing for a good turntable, I have always had stuff at the $120 level or so, a friend has a $400 turntable run through an NAD receiver and Paradigm Speaker and that is the best sounding recorded music I have ever heard.

Vinyl? I have been GASing for a good turntable' date=' I have always had stuff at the $120 level or so, a friend has a $400 turntable run through an NAD receiver and Paradigm Speaker and that is the best sounding recorded music I have ever heard.[/quote']

Vinyl sales have grown exponentially the past 3 years because it is the most ear pleasing format, next to open reel tape, to listen to music on. And mastering for vinyl discourages red lining and over compressing. As you probably can tell from major label releases on CD they compress the hell out of that stuff. Gives me ear fatigue after 30 seconds of listening. Some day I'll have a really nice turntable to go with my Marntz SR4023 receiver. Right now I run a Sony PSLX350H. Good, but not like a Technics.

Archived