Gibson Brands Forums

That shifty Guitar Center

GibsonByBirth

I took in an amp to sell them along with a peddle that I was returning. I left with a few hundred payed off on my Gibson custom LP and a Vox vt 50 amp. I later ended up with a Peavey Classic 50 through a trade I made at a ma and pa store. I no longer needed the Vox so I took it back. It has been 3 weeks and the amp was not used much. They said that they considered it a trade and was not subject to their return policy.

This was not pointed out before my transaction. The manager said that if I had taken all cash for my amp and then turned around and purchased the Vox, that would have made a difference and they would have returned my money. I told him that my custom was purchased on 10/1/09 for $3600 and I would be returning it. I also have been planning to spend about $1500 on an accustic. He turned around and put the money on my debit card.

I love my custom and spent $100 having the perfect set up. I might keep it. I visited Sam Ash today.

I told him that my custom was purchased on 10/1/09 for $3600 and I would be returning it.

He turned around and put the money on my debit card.

I LOVE stories like this!!!

:-/

Without the leverage, you woulda been fuct.

Timing is everything, eh?

Archived