Gibson Brands Forums

Marshall DSL50!

Larsson

Hi,

So i brought my dsl50 head off ebay for £300, an exelent price considering they are around £700 new, it was fitted with a new reverb tank and had a few tiny tears in the tortex, but that is expected with frequent use since the guy i brought it off had been using it playing weekly with his band.

Ive been able to capture almost any tone i desire with this amp from classic Led Zepp to some heavier almost Slipknot like tones. The amp has a classic gain channel and a ultra gain channel.

The classic gain channel brings true classic rock and blues tones, such as AC/DC or ZZ Top or Joe Bonamassa, which also allows a very sweet clean tone.

The ultra gain channel brings true hard rock and punk tones, such as Guns n Roses or Refused.

There is a universal EQ with presence treble mid and bass, there is also a deep switch which acts as a bass boost and a tone shift acting as a middle boost which allow for huge changes in the tones.

Overall i have found this to be a very versitile all tube amp giving me all the tones i need from playing in my punk rock band to sitting at home soloing over a blues backing track.

If anyone has questions about this amp i would be happy to answer,

Cheers,

Larsson

Archived