Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar string review: Dunlop Kerry King strings.

dem00n

Well my ibanez needed new strings after breaking the low E and E strings i just decied to change the whole set. So i ask around for strings that could take some abuse, i was told to try the Kery king set and if i dont like it then the dimebag sig strings. So i thought to my self well if you think about it KK strings must be made to take abuse since i cant really think of a guitarist who abuses his strings as much.

The strings cost me $6, its come with 7 strings its orginal made for 7 string gutiars but everyone use the 52 low E and puts away the 46. So i put them on, they fit nicely. The strings took one week of the most abuse ive ever gave strings, rarely went out of tune.

Ill keep buying them but for only my metal guitars. I wouldnt put them on my gibson...the 52 woudldnt fit right.

Try em out.

(Ill try the dimebag strings once i can find them)

Ernie Ball Regulars, and rarely Dunlop 10's, are the only Strings I'll put on my Lessy.

For my other guitars; each one usually gets its own style. Lyon gets the 11's, My Epiphone has 11's I believe on it, which will be changed soon.

dem00n, how hard do you hit your strings? I'm just curious to know, because I haven't broken any in well over a year.

You should also record some playing with these strings, I've never heard them.

Ernie Ball Regulars' date=' and rarely Dunlop 10's, are the only Strings I'll put on my Lessy.

For my other guitars; each one usually gets its own style. Lyon gets the 11's, My Epiphone has 11's I believe on it, which will be changed soon.

dem00n, how hard do you hit your strings? I'm just curious to know, because I haven't broken any in well over a year.

You should also record some playing with these strings, I've never heard them.

[/quote']

I hit them pretty damn hard and i bend to damn far to and i cant help it.

I dont like Ernie Ball strings either. :-({|=

Archived