Gibson Brands Forums

Feel like a rat here too

drumrnmuzik

I had (have) this request on the Lounge forum but I don't think the couch patatoes there have any constructive criticism so far...

SO....

I just can't get courage to go on a Fen#$r forum cause I still feel like a Gibson person but I just gotta use this "sound" for some songs that need a quacker.

SO....

Does anyone know how or where to find a schematic for a blend pot? Since I'm using this tele, I can't figure why those numb nuts didn't put in two volume pots or something to blend the neck and bridge...

I want to put in a push/push on the volume and use it to blend the two humbuckers. (oh yes, I still want my humbuckers) Quackbuckers?

Thanks and don't worry, I put a bag over the head stock whilst I'm playing her...

As you say, to blend 2 pickups you would need 2 separate volumes. So you can't get this with a push / push volume pot. You already have the middle position on the selector for both pickups, so you need the extra volume control.

Scroll down to 3 way switch, 2 X volumes, 1 X tone.

http://www.guitarelectronics.com/category/wiringresources.2_pickup_diagrams/

Never be ashamed of a Fender headstock - there are worse places to hang a set of machine heads - and they have a habit of actually remaining in place..... [biggrin]

Thanks 80LPC, I was hoping to see you.

Wow, way cool site. It's gonna take some time to sift through all that stuff.

The tele comes with two knobs so I'd hate to put in little switches or extra knob or stuff. If I put in a push/push or push/pull I'll essentially be adding an extra pot. I just need to figure how to hook it to the middle selector position.

As far as the tele goes, yeah, secretly I like the 7.5" radius neck and small fretts. Very fast with the barre cords, they're my worse nightmares....

Cheers!

Archived