Gibson Brands Forums

50th Birthday Flying V

Bloozman

I'm jealous dude I want one, but I just bought 2 new guitars of the week last month. Man I love that 50th commermorative V. The color/fretboard inlays/neck binding/headstock logo/tuners/brass truss rod cover/gold trim and man that's going to sound real sweet and different than most other flying V's with the korina 2-piece body with the maple cap(ya-know korina wood is lighter than the usual and gives you a brighter sounding tone)

Congrat's on that purchace.

P.S. one word of caution, If the neck and or body is sticky/gummy don't play or touch-it for about a month or until the nitro hardens. Just leave it out of the case where it wont get damaged at room temp and dont even wipe it down. I wish someone told me that.

Thanks for the tip Cuda, and the congrats from the others..Im wondering how those gearless tuners are gonna work???

Cuda..I spent 50 years in Chicago, and retired to NC..Hows the old Chi-Town doing?..I miss the ol Gal!!

Thats the best V I've seen Gibson make for a long time. I'm not sold on the regular '67 reissues, when the neck joint of the originals is so much better. Even the Epiphones have it!

Congrats Bloozman, great choice!

Thanks for the tip Cuda' date=' and the congrats from the others..Im wondering how those gearless tuners are gonna work???

Cuda..I spent 50 years in Chicago, and retired to NC..Hows the old Chi-Town doing?..I miss the ol Gal!![/quote']

Chicago and Cicero all still good just not for me. The ***-ba-das and family all decied to break the rules after i did a few things that were asked and let me out of the well I cant say and the blood line goes way back heck if you know my last name you could look me up on the internet I'm world famous. Chicago's all good as long as it 100 miles a-way for me, that is.

P.S. don't forget ya-know post photo's of that thing when you get-it and let me know if the hole guitar vibrates when you play-it like my explorer.

Archived