Gibson Brands Forums

Drumless YYZ by Rush

rocketman

That's not the point. You can really get a chance to hear Alex and Geddy's feeling in their playing without the drums. I now hear the little stuff that I couldn't before. That's what's so cool to me...

I guess, but I didn't notice too much I missed. No offense meant, I just prefer it with drums

None taken whatsoever. I didn't miss anything either. In fact it confirmed something that I see people consistently get incorrect. At the 1:53 mark Alex plays a lick with the B F# and A notes. I always thought he double picked at least the F#. But in most tabs it's not written that way. I can clearly hear it now. Also, the phrasing in the solo sounds very clear without the drums. Anyhow, just my opinion...

None taken whatsoever. I didn't miss anything either. In fact it confirmed something that I see people consistently get incorrect. At the 1:53 mark Alex plays a lick with the B F# and A notes. I always thought he double picked at least the F#. But in most tabs it's not written that way. I can clearly hear it now. Also' date=' the phrasing in the solo sounds very clear without the drums. Anyhow, just my opinion... [/quote']

It sheds a different light on things, but I do prefer it with drums [lol]

Archived