Gibson Brands Forums

Cold Tonight

Steven Tari

Man! It's been a long time since the temp's have dropped this low, with the wind chill it's 12 deg.. I have Icesickle's growing on my stach from my breath. The bad thing is I have to be out all night checking drip lines on the piers. The wind has the crane wires playing some erie music tonight. The gull's won't even leave the piers when I walk by. Hope the rest of y'all are staying toasty tonight. I can get warm at 07:00. It will be a stiff one to.:-

Why do vehicles pick this time to act up? I have a 98 Dakota. Replaced a dead battery, bald rear tires, and all of a sudden, I hear a grinding noise on the front brakes. Passenger side is perfect. Drivers side-pads shot, rotor shot, and as luck would have it, the caliper bolts are rounded off. To make matters worse, it wont idle after running for a while. My 05 Taurus has a flat. I hate winter with all my being!!!!

I wish I knew. The guy I Releaved from second got a call from his girlfriend when I came in. She's stranded at the hospital till he get's there, the batteries died. He just replaced her battery in her Jeta two weeks ago. I had to do the same with my wifes car when it turned cold a month ago, it was only two years old. They don't last like they used to and the new warrenties stink. They won't replace it unless the trunk monkey hasn't hit anyone with a crow bar in the past 6 months and the squirrel still is running at full RPM's in the squirrel cage to keep the battery charged. Then it's up to the descresion of the toliet cleaner if it should be changed.[confused]

Man! It's been a long time since the temp's have dropped this low' date=' with the wind chill it's 12 deg.. I have Icesickle's growing on my stach from my breath. The bad thing is I have to be out all night checking drip lines on the piers. The wind has the crane wires playing some erie music tonight. The gull's won't even leave the piers when I walk by. Hope the rest of y'all are staying toasty tonight. I can get warm at 07:00. It will be a stiff one to.[crying']

Yeah... I know what you mean...here in the SF Bay Area it's so cold I may have to wear a Tee-Shirt tonight! It may drop down into the low 50's!!

Archived