Gibson Brands Forums

Gillian Girl Guess Whos Comin to Town !!!!!!!

suburude63

Yep you know who !!! Dave Rawlings Machine ! Seattle Wa. , Portland Or and more ! [drool][cool] [cool] [cool]

February 12, 2010

Friday Eugene, OR Jaqua Concert Hall at The Shedd

Dave Rawlings Machine

February 13, 2010

Saturday Portland, OR Roseland Theater

Dave Rawlings Machine

February 14, 2010

Sunday Seattle, WA Showbox

Dave Rawlings Machine

February 16, 2010

Tuesday Olympia, WA Capitol Theater

Dave Rawlings Machine

I am a huge fan of live music and I saw a lot of concerts in 2009- Wilco, Neko Case, Bob Dylan, Old Crow Medicine Show, Steve Earle, Leonard Cohen and many more. The Dave Rawlings Machine show that I went to was hands down the best show that I saw all of last year. I have seen Gillian and Dave play several times before, but this was my first experience with "The Machine." Dave is a great front man, awkward and rambling at times between songs, but also funny and sincere. They played a 20 song set and three encores that included the whole new album, some Gillian Welch songs, and some great cover songs. This is a show that anyone with the slightest interest in music will walk away from stunned.

Continuing on with my life-is-cruel theme...... [crying] [crying] [crying]

I can't go! I'm supposed to go see Mark Knopfler in April too but I don't see that happening. That hour long set of Gil and Dave's at Redmond was magical and I'll never forget it. Still got my "I came all the way from Alberta to see Gillian Welch" T-shirt.

Are you going Subu?? Please take pictures if so. I'll live vicariously through you and Mrs. Subu.

It seems like such a shame to not see them when they're coming this far north. Hmmmmm.....

Continuing on with my life-is-cruel theme...... :-({|=[unsure][lol]

I can't go! I'm supposed to go see Mark Knopfler in April too but I don't see that happening. That hour long set of Gil and Dave's at Redmond was magical and I'll never forget it. Still got my "I came all the way from Alberta to see Gillian Welch" T-shirt.

Are you going Subu?? Please take pictures if so. I'll live vicariously through you and Mrs. Subu.

It seems like such a shame to not see them when they're coming this far north. Hmmmmm.....

Gillian ,Dave and I are very sorry you wont be attending GG ! :) I am going to try to go Ill take photos! Jim

I lucked out and was able to see them kick off their tour in Athens, Ga this past year! Great show, as always with those two. Went to the pre-show and got to meet them as well, couple of kind souls! Can't wait to catch them again! I'm going to see band of heathens tonight in FoCo just because they cover "ms. ohio", we'll see how their other stuff is. This was my first post here (minus the intro thing).

Archived