Gibson Brands Forums

Keb Mo Bluesmaster

petewaugh

Hi, new user here from the Scottish Borders. I've just purchased one of the new Keb Mo bluesmasters. I see from the Gibson website it comes strung with 11s but I would like to know if 12s would be ok.

The more I play it, the more comfortable I am with 11s but can't help but think 12s would fill the sound out some more - having said that, it sounds fantastic anyway.

Happy to hear other's thoughts,

Pete

Actually, you could use a set like Pearse New Mediums....with a .13 and .17 unwound strings, and a .56 low E. The others are standard light gauge. I use those on a very lightly built Nick Lucas, as well as a Northwood 00----which is even more lightly built....no troubles at all....and they sound spectacular.

Many thanks for the advice. I put on 12s last night and what a difference! It's made an already fine sounding guitar into something very special. Beautiful top end that you hope for with an adi top plus that mahogany goodness. All good.

It's a very eye catching guitar with a sunburst that Gibson just excel at so I think I need to get some pics up for you all,

Regards,

Pete

Archived