Gibson Brands Forums

Vox cables?

EVOL!

Anyone use these? I am helping a friend record a song for a Sky Saxton tribute album and he gave me a Vox instrument cable as a gift. I'll be returning it when mine comes in the mail, but that is a not relevant here.

These cables are *nice*. They sound good and because it is coiled like an old phone cord, it does not get tangled up when jumping and running around. I felt like Pete Townsend with it (only a lot less talented).

324925.jpg

369651.jpg

My advice would be don't buy them. They look great, but I bought two and the angled jack plug is too short to fit in an American Telecaster and falls out very easily, also not very good in a Les Paul.

I returned mine to the shop and got something else.

Hmmm, Maybe this cable is bad for guitars with side mounted jacks?

I play an SG and a Sheraton and the jacks are on the top of the guitar. I just hooked the cable over my strap like I always do and rocked out. No issues.

The angled part goes into the amp's jack.

If you're sitting down with a guitar like a Les Paul or Telecaster (which I do a lot when I am writing etc) you need an angled jack. If you constantly use a straight jack when you are playing in this position it causes damage to the guitar jack-socket, and also often the lead too.

I know... but with those cables the angled part goes into the amp... that's how VOX's ads showed them a couple of years ago, and if you plugged that part to the guitar you wouldn't be able to read the "vox" writen on them :-

Just sayin'

I think dimarzio makes L cables that do fit teles. I find most teles hard to match with an L shaped plug because the jack is too damn deep in there. Glad to see there are others experiencing the same, I thought it was only me :-k

Archived