here with Avast and Spybot Search and Destroy and SpywareBlaster for

spyware. No problems yet.

CW

Have you tried Avast or AVG free anti-virus. They don't slow the computer

down like Symantec and you don't have to pay to renew. Working great

here with Avast and Spybot Search and Destroy and SpywareBlaster for

spyware. No problems yet.

CW

I'm using Clamwin with Vista. I had issues with AVG on some of my Vista systems, so I started using this. So far I'm liking it better.

I run Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D AND Windows Defender as well... I'd LOVE a comprehensive anti-malware product, but so far I've found that if you run them back to back they'll usually find things the other missed.

I'm using Clamwin with Vista. I had issues with AVG on some of my Vista systems' date=' so I started using this. So far I'm liking it better.

I run Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D AND Windows Defender as well... I'd LOVE a comprehensive anti-malware product, but so far I've found that if you run them back to back they'll usually find things the other missed.[/quote']

Hey Chanman

Ya I know there were some issues with AGV and Vista. I like AVAST myself and thats

what I use. I believe Cruz said he was using XP so he shouldn't have a problem with either.

Ya you never can be to safe. I make a Bart backup of the whole computer once a week.

If I get a virus of it gets corrupted pop the Bart CD in the the CD player it boots from there

and I restore in about 15 min. and it's all back programs and files.

CW

Hey Chanman

Ya I know there were some issues with AGV and Vista. I like AVAST myself and thats

what I use. I believe Cruz said he was using XP so he shouldn't have a problem with either.

Ya you never can be to safe. I make a Bart backup of the whole computer once a week.

If I get a virus of it gets corrupted pop the Bart CD in the the CD player it boots from there

and I restore in about 15 min. and it's all back programs and files.

CW

/chuckle

Cheater :)

Actually' date=' I had ghost images of my PCs when they were XP systems. Now that you mention it, I haven't got a valid external restore for the new Vista systems....

:-k

I guess I am stuck with invoking the power of certification...

[biggrin

Archived