Gibson Brands Forums

Tattoo suggestions - GaryEfficient of SlipperySlopeWest

garyefficient

I've always loved the Chinese symbols that stand for something enlightened and profound.

Like the guy in the tat shop is fluent in any of the Chinese dialects....

#-o

I could just imagine some Chinaman see the tat and curiously ask what the joke is about.

"Why do you have Number 12 - Sweet & Sour Pork with Fried Rice on your bicep?"

[biggrin][blink][cool][blink][woot]

THAT would be MY luck....

[blink]

I've always loved the Chinese symbols that stand for something enlightened and profound.

Like the guy in the tat shop is fluent in any of the Chinese dialects....

#-o

I could just imagine some Chinaman see the tat and curiously ask what the joke is about.

"Why do you have Number 12 - Sweet & Sour Pork with Fried Rice on your bicep?"

[biggrin][blink][cool][blink][woot]

THAT would be MY luck....

[blink]

I think you could have gotten an ancient Hindu symbol, (seen on all their churches), tattooed on your arm, and ended up with a swastika. You may have meant it to signify prosperity, but some might take it to mean something entirely different. What common symbol we all use today will become the symbol of some heinous society in the future?

It is. It's costing me about four times as much to get my chest piece removed as it did to get the sucker on there. It also hurts a million times more than it did getting it on.

In California you'd just get a sex change operation and cover it up with an oversized bra!

Just got done talking with a Marine who now is a plumber and has been a deputy sheriff.

He has some USMC type tats, a couple of 'em. But he noted that in ways he wishes he hadn't done so and doesn't think it's a very good idea.

A one-time very close friend was a USMC gunny and had a once great tat of the bulldog in a campaign hat. It was in great need of a touchup, but nobody would do it, he said, because it had been done by a "tattoo world famous" artist. So the lines just got wider and wider and wider.

For what it's worth, I did more than a little study of pigments in my first "printing and publishing" job. Any pigment will fade as it's exposed to light - depending on the pigment and light. Black is least likely to fade but "black" isn't necessarily "black." Usually there are additional pigments involved that show up on a spectrophotometer.

A lady friend was a police matron for a number of years. You should hear some of her tales of tats and piercings. <grin>

m

Archived