Gibson Brands Forums

USB interfaces

Hthomas

I got an Edirol interface that let me record through USB from tape, turntable or cd deck. Has in and out stereo and a volume control.

With an older computer I had, it picked up some noise (a super-high whine). Not with the one I've had the past year or with my laptop.

My amp only has a single "line out" mono, so I split into stereo (and mess around a bit) or record twice on the computer if I want stereo.

I think it was like $70 U.S. a cupla years ago. I've seen similar controls for about the same or a bit more.

I also think it works better than the sound card's "in." But that's just me.

m

I have an ART USB Dual-Pre.

Dumb name, but it works quite well. 1/8" and XLR combination inputs (which has some name), switchable phantom power, headphone line out, separated left and right monitor output.

I'd like something bigger, of course, but it works for me a majority of the time.

I have an ART USB Dual-Pre.

Dumb name' date=' but it works quite well. 1/8" and XLR combination inputs (which has some name), switchable phantom power, headphone line out, separated left and right monitor output.

I'd like something bigger, of course, but it works for me a majority of the time.[/quote']

so it works with 1/8 also, but comes with a usb plug?

Archived