Gibson Brands Forums

How much

McDuff

How much do you think it would cost to get a bad truss rod fixed in an Aj-45? Bad in the sense that it wont adjust at all.

Sadly that is all the info I have as this is from a seller on ebay. Could be a great deal but I am a little concerned the truss rod might have snapped (very unlikely from what I've read but still) which would make the guitar a major project and more than what I would be willing to pick it up for. Thoughts?

How much do you think it would cost to get a bad truss rod fixed in an Aj-45? Bad in the sense that it wont adjust at all.

Sadly that is all the info I have as this is from a seller on ebay. Could be a great deal but I am a little concerned the truss rod might have snapped (very unlikely from what I've read but still) which would make the guitar a major project and more than what I would be willing to pick it up for. Thoughts?

If the nut is stripped -- a common reason for non-adjustability -- StewMac sells a tool that makes fixing it easy. If you can find a repair guy who has that tool, the fix should be pretty cheap (under $50).

-- Bob R

Archived