Gibson Brands Forums

Cell phones

Silenced Fred

...Needless to say she gets a freakin' new phone about every month. ...' date='she just likes phones. ...

[/quote']

A marketingman's mother lode. Teens with no obligations and a lust for whatever they're hawkin'

My oldest daughter also collects those dummy phones used at cell phone kiosks in the mall. And old dead phones too. Feel free to mail them to me by the box.

"Dummy phones"? This I gotta see. cardboard?

My Tracfone is a Nokia 1100. My kids tell me I can text with it' date=' but... I haven't figured out how... nor do I intend to. I don't need the carpal tunnel.

I rarely carry it and most times I forget to turn it on. Anyone who knows me knows this. If they want to reach me, call me at home on the land line. It is always on. If I'm not home? They can just call back... imagine that. [blink

I love the apps. I bought D'Addario's apps for scales and chords. Great apps, highly recommended and each one is only two bucks!

I also bought Cleartune, a while ago it was on sale for 2 bucks, I think it is like 4 bucks now, but its a pretty nice tuner.

I didn't have texting or internet up until last year, I was never into cell phones, but the iPhone has been such a big help for a lot of stuff. It has GPS, I have used the internet a lot to look stuff up, and the apps are really good.

A "dummy phone" is a phone with the guts torn out replaced with weights so the phone can be displayed without someone stealing the real deal. They look and feel almost identical, but are designed to show the product without fear of them being stolen. Which by the way, people do steal. I know because I work in a phone kiosk. It's usually someone stealing them to either sell to someone unsuspecting, or legitimately thinks the dummy phone is a real phone.:-k

A "dummy phone" is a phone with the guts torn out replaced with weights so the phone can be displayed without someone stealing the real deal. They look and feel almost identical' date=' but are designed to show the product without fear of them being stolen. Which by the way, people do steal. I know because I work in a phone kiosk. It's usually someone stealing them to either sell to someone unsuspecting, or legitimately thinks the dummy phone is a real phone.[confused']

Oh.... so they're a display phone. Better put a cable on it... better yet, put the guts back in. You ought to be able to track it via satellite.

There are cables on them, I feel bad when parents ask for one for their kids because these mockups cost the dealership money and the reps get chewed out for giving them out despite the fact that they'll probably just be thrown out in a few months anyway.

There are cables on them' date=' I feel bad when parents ask for one for their kids because these mockups cost the dealership money and the reps get chewed out for giving them out despite the fact that they'll probably just be thrown out in a few months anyway. [/quote']

Maybe they could have an out of date display box. Just toss them in when corporate sends down the new models. Then when Mommy has the audacity to ask for one. Give her one from the out-of-date box. Or... Mommy can go down to the toy store and buy a REAL toy phone. Even better, have Mommy remove the battery, properly recycled of course, from her old phone and let Johnny have Mommy's old one.

Archived