Gibson Brands Forums

If you had control of Gibson what changes would you make?

djroge1

Private investors only - no need for the company to be publicly held.

Custom Shop = Custom Shop. Price the guitars accordingly, but not STUPIDLY.

When I ordered my double neck in '06, a pickup swap and Grovers would have DOUBLED the price. WTF?

Sh!t-can every faded, worn, satin finish in the inventory. You want a naked guitar - custom order it.

That famous glossy Gibson nitrocellulose finish is part of what created the legend - still copied today.

Even Fender/Gretsch offers it when they want to be serious about perceived quality...

Les Paul Customs and reissues are done right, keep it that way. Only skip the "Custom Shop" baloney.

Regular Les Paul line? Go back to the Les Paul as it was produced in the first place.

Build ALL the Standards as they were in 1957 - 1960, or at least close to it.

Use decent woods, proper neck tenon, and basically build a regular Les Paul that way.

Get the neck profiles right with a choice for the buyer up front.

You want a 60 neck? 59? Maybe bigger yet like the 57-58? Just check the box on the order form.

Make a REGULAR Les Paul available - if only in special runs - based on the 52, 54, 56.

Doesn't have to be a $$$$$$$ reissue, just fxcking build a good guitar with the correct pieces.

Even the 52 trapeze tail - only with correct geometry so it's playable.

Make more special runs, like my SG with a Maestro. Put 'em on a Les Paul too.

Do a run now and then of Bigsby equipped guitars - across the product line.

Charge a bit more for them of course, but make them available.

The Custom Shop $$$$$$$ baloney is great for the company profits but is an insult to buyers.

Why is it you can buy a Korina Explorer or Flying V for $1,000 but a "reissue" Korina 58 V is $12,000?

For the most part, I do not complain about Gibson's prices.

Most of them are reasonable for a guitar of the Gibson caliber.

Gibson only needs to make DAMNED SURE every guitar makes the grade before it ships.

Get ALL the Epiphones off the Gibson website.

You want them to have a different name? Then keep them separated.

Epiphone and Gibson are acknowledged by the public for 40 years now to represent completely different things.

I'll disagree with RocketMan on this one point, if only slightly;

Even if they don't do it well, goofy stuff like the Dark Fire/Robot bullsh!t evidently has a market.

Make them a separate line, with the technical support they need for the GameBoys to realize their dreams too.

If you're gonna build that stuff, DO IT RIGHT!

If the market dries up on them (just like it did on guitar synth, MIDI, etc....) then at least support what you sold.

That way you would still be streamlined and focusing on what made Gibson great.

Quality-made guitars people will spend a little more money on because they're worth it.

Archived