Gibson Brands Forums

moving/fixing lr baggs element volume control

CLEMBO

I'd like to move the volume knob for the LR baggs element pickup in my j45, as i want to use a rubber sound hole plug and the volume control gets in the way where it is now.

I realise I can re fix it further into the guitar with a sticky adhesive pad, but has anyone used glue of any description to secure it? super glue?

Cheers

S

I wouldn't superglue it. I would use double sided adhesive pads. They are easily moved and you can get rid of the adhesive residue with naptha. Why make it permanent when you just might change your mind? (As ask that about young girls who tattoo their upper chests - what will it look like when you're 70?)

Yeah I think thats the way to go. Just need to find some self adhesive pads that stick!

Any idea what I should "clean" the area of wood with' date=' where I want to stick to?

S[/quote']

Swab it with naptha if there is anything other than bare wood in the area. That will pretty much remove all oils and gunk that would inhibit adhesion.

I'd like to move the volume knob for the LR baggs element pickup in my j45' date=' as i want to use a rubber sound hole plug and the volume control gets in the way where it is now.

[/quote']

I had wondered how people use a backbuster with those Baggs volume controls near the sound hole.

I totally wouldn't detach the volume control. I've got a feedback buster that's rubber and I took a pocket knife and cut a hole where the volume knob is. It's much easier and doesn't mess with the guitar. Bonus: the soundhole plug works the same.

I had wondered how people use a backbuster with those Baggs volume controls near the sound hole.

If you want to use the Backbuster and the volume wheel, I'd remount the wheel so it is further out into the soundhole space and cut a notch or slot in the Backbuster to accomodate the wheel. I've never done it, but it is worth a shot!

I totally wouldn't detach the volume control. I've got a feedback buster that's rubber and I took a pocket knife and cut a hole where the volume knob is. It's much easier and doesn't mess with the guitar. Bonus: the soundhole plug works the same.

Yeah that was my other thought and what I might try first. I don't want to move the volume wheel and then it won't stick!

Archived