Gibson Brands Forums

What pickup come installed on a 2008 J45?

bradthedesigner

Just bought one of these still on display at Best Buy. Great price. Really great price. Anyway, it has a pickup installed but didn't have any info included that told what pickup it is, how to change the battery, etc. Could anyone provide specs on a 2008 J45 A/E? I would be much appreciative. Thanks!

My J-45 from about 2002 has a Fishman undersaddle, but the more recent J-45's I've seen have either a Fishman Aura or an L R Baggs Element Active. If I had a choice out of all 3 I'd have the Baggs one. Does your guitar have a soundhole volume control?

The only downside I've come across so far with the soundhole controls comes if you need to use a feedback buster in a live situation.

The battery should be easy to change. Loosen off a few strings reach inside and gently pull out the battery, change the battery and replace it inside. Tune up and you're ready to go!

Remember that whenever there is a lead plugged into your endpin jacksocket it is draining your battery.

Thanks for the response. It does have the soundhole volume control so I'm guessing it's the LR Baggs. It seems the little bag the battery goes in has come loose. It's kinda flopping around in there. Is there a particular place it's supposed to reside?

I'm loving the J45 btw. Had it for a few hours and it's really fun to play.

-brad

Archived