Gibson Brands Forums

My acoustic guitar solo instrumental of the Beatles' Eleanor Rigby

QuestionMark

Hey y'all...

I know I recently posted a guitar solo tribute to Roy Orbison....but, here's another one I just put on YouTube...an acoustic guitar solo instrumental of the Beatles' Eleanor Rigby. The musical challenge on this one was to adapt Eleanor Rigby into a solo guitar instrumental even though the Beatles rendition of it on the Revolver album had no guitars in it. Plus, to get some sense of the cello sounds in the Beatles' recording conveyed through the acoustic guitar. Hope y'all like it.

"Jazzman" Jeff Performs "Eleanor Rigby"

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

That is great! The sort of style I could keep on repeat and not get tired of it!

Few questions:

Can I get an mp3 download?

Any other guitar instrumentals I can download or support you by purchasing?

What guitar are you using?

Mooboo-

Wow...what a nice compliment. Much appreciated. If you send me a PM E-Mail from the forum, I believe it will generate an e-mail to me from you using both our e-mails stored on this Gibson forum in our profiles. Upon receiving it, I'll respond back to you with a MP3 of the song. It'd be my pleasure. If you do a search of Jazzman Jeff on YouTube, you'll find about 12 or so songs of mine on there. Write me back through the the PM function and let me know which ones you like and I'll see if I can send you a download. No charge...I'm really about playing music live at gigs and the recordings are just something I do to get my music out to people. (Otherwise its like art that just sits in a garage.)

Regarding the guitar I'm playing in Eleanor Rigby...its my Gibson Custom Shop "1964" J-45 (that I bought from Fullers Guitars.) The photo of me in the video shows me playing my 1972 Gibson Southern Jumbo Deluxe. I don't yet have any photos of me playing the CS '64 J-45. As FYI...I'm fingerpicking on the song with a plastic thumb pick and three metal fingerpicks, playing in standard tuning. No overdubbing occurred on the recording...just turned the recorder on and played it live.

Really glad to hear you enjoyed the music. I'll look for your e-mail.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

Archived