Gibson Brands Forums

This could be your lucky day.

deepblue

I dont know if anyone here is familiar with Luba?

She was well known in the 80's and 90's in Canada, and indeed parts

of the States. Shes a singer, and im sure you can look her up on google for details.

Long story short...

Shes a friend of mine and shes looking for professional unknown guitarist whos willing

to travel. She specifically told me shes not interested in amatuer wanabees.

I told her I would spread the word and see if I get any feedback.

I know we have been talking here for a few years now, but I really dont know for the most

part everyones caliber of playing.

So, if any of you lads or lasses want a break that could lead somewhere please let me know.

Hey, you never know do you?

PM me if interested.

P.S..Shes a very sweet, kind hearted person who has an amazing voice.

Luba (born Luba Kowalchyk, 1958, Montreal, Quebec, Canada) is a Canadian musician, singer, songwriter and recording artist. She was commercially active from 1980 to 1990, 2000 to 2001 and is active again from 2007 to present.[1] She was initially the vocalist for a band named Luba before signing as a solo artist under the one-name moniker. She has released a total of six albums as a solo artist. (A pre-solo album released under the name Luba was done as a member of a band.) Two of her albums are certified platinum by the Canadian music industry (sales in excess of 100,000 units). She has nine top-40 hits on the Canadian pop charts. Her signature song is "Everytime I See Your Picture" (1983). Her most successful song is a cover of Percy Sledge's "When A Man Loves A Woman" which reached #6 on the Canadian pop chart and #3 on the Canadian adult contemporary chart (1987). She is a three-time winner of the Canadian music industry Juno Award for Female Vocalist of the Year (1985–1987). Her success is limited to her native Canada as she has never charted in the US or elsewhere. She continues to record music under her own independent label.

go for it deepblue, go and share your chops with the world!

My understanding is that she moved to the islands in the sun. <grin>

She looking for a band or what? Who booking for where? Youtube shows her with a full band...

I'm certain I'm too old if I wanted to, and I ain't no Joe Pass so I'm probably best off with a day job... but... there might be some folks on here more than half interested in a long gig with the right credentials and motivation if they knew...

m

Sounds like a role you should fill. Abandon your family and hit the road!!

lol!...Thats outta my league. Ive been playing for over 30 years' date=' but im still a hack.

But, I have fun and thats the reason I still noodle around.....I think I speak for most

of us in that respect.

My understanding is that she moved to the islands in the sun. <grin>

She looking for a band or what? Who booking for where? Youtube shows her with a full band...

I'm certain I'm too old if I wanted to, and I ain't no Joe Pass so I'm probably best off with a day job... but... there might be some folks on here more than half interested in a long gig with the right credentials and motivation if they knew...

m

Yes, shes in the tropics now with a beautiful home. Also true that she was with a band years ago

but not anymore. Shes looking for a fresh start with a new band and ideas.

Archived